A great place to start
We work with universities across Canada to search across a broad selection of programs to find the best and brightest. You can find out about current opportunities through your university or college co-op or placement offices.
- Summer 2024 term: May 6, 2024 – August 23, 2024. Applications accepted January 8 to January 19, 2024.
- Fall 2024 term: September 3, 2024 – December 20, 2024. Applications accepted May 13 to May 24, 2024.
- Winter 2025 term: January 6, 2025 – April 25, 2025. Applications accepted September 9 to September 20, 2024.
We commit to helping you grow, and we provide you with comprehensive training to help set you up for success in the present and in your future.
We love to see students choose to return to Fidelity to continue exploring new opportunities. Coming back means students can go even further by growing their skills and confidence while advancing their academic studies.
We are always looking for great talent. Please be sure to watch our career section for relevant opportunities.
We hire new grads for our Business Development Program!
Your career at Fidelity begins with the role of business development representative. This is the entry sales role in which you will begin your career at Fidelity; there are many success stories about BDRs who moved on to successful careers as Fidelity wholesalers. To guide you along this career path, we provide extensive and award-winning training and development programming. We’ll be with you every step of the way as you learn the skills and behaviours needed to excel in your new role.
Sample student roles:
- digital marketing
- investment management
- internet development
- human resources
- internal communications
Your future starts here
Our best-in-class student co-op program includes a wide range of activities designed to give students a unique opportunity to learn why Fidelity is one of the world’s leading financial services companies.
Participate in specialized training sessions and gain first-hand experience by working on projects alongside regular full-time Fidelity employees. Start strong with our workshops, which cover everything from department overviews and Q&As with executives to job shadowing, CPA info sessions, Excel training, communication workshops and study groups.
All the support you need
Our comprehensive lineup of programs ensures you have the best chance of success from the outset:
- divisional overviews
- job shadowing
- information session with CPA and CFA reps
- Fidelity product study groups
Workshops offered Workshops offered:
- half-day Microsoft Excel workshop
- communicating with confidence
- delivering an effective message
- presentation skills
- emotional intelligence training
- communication styles
- art of networking
- business conduct excellence
- Q&A with senior executives and portfolio managers
- Employee Resources Groups (ERGs)
- manager network event
- Q&A with former co-op students now in full-time roles at Fidelity
- social activities
- student team lunch
- paint party
- social time; fun and games
- in-person and virtual coffee chat drop-ins
- MentorMatch (for past students)
If you are a student returning to Fidelity after a previous co-op term, you are given the opportunity to participate in the MentorMatch program.
Learn what a future at Fidelity can offer by attending our information sessions at a variety of universities and colleges across Canada.
Make sure to check your school’s events and job boards regularly.
Student webcast library
Thinking about the best next step for your career?
Join our live FidelityNext webcast series! Discover what drives our culture and learn about the student opportunities we have across all our divisions.