We’ll reach out to you by email or by phone, using the information you provided when you applied, if we are interested in your application.
Some helpful tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Do be cautious any time someone claims to represent a company, including ours.
Remember: Fidelity will never
- ask you to pay or purchase anything
- request confidential information before an interview or offer has occurred
- use an instant messaging platform, such as WhatsApp, to conduct interviews (except for Modern Hire)
- ask that you create a social media profile
A member of our talent acquisition team will review your application, and if your profile is a match, we will contact you to schedule a qualifying phone or video interview.
If we aren’t in touch, it may mean no opportunities are currently available that match your skillset.
We encourage you to apply for positions that interest you and to keep your profile up to date. We are always looking for new talent.
If you move on to the next stage, our hiring process may include the following:
- initial Interview with recruiter (phone or video)
- on-demand video questions (using Modern Hire)
- on-demand text screening questions (using Modern Hire)
- panel interview with hiring management team
- business or technical interview (technology skills, presentation skills, case study)
- French/English language assessment, etc., where required
- online behavioural assessment survey, where required
- detailed background check
- professional references
- credit check
- criminal check
- education and experience validation
Your interview may be scheduled through Modern Hire, a trusted third-party partner.
Most interviews at Fidelity are behavioural-based.
This just means our recruiters and hiring managers will ask about your personal accomplishments and specific examples of professional situations you’ve been in.
Tips from recruiters for interview prep:
- Familiarize yourself with the content of your resumé and make sure it is accurate.
- Review the job posting in detail and be able to relate how your specific experience and skills apply.
- Be prepared to cite examples of key professional or academic accomplishments.
- Research Fidelity to understand our company and the work we do.
- Ask your recruiter for information about the business unit you will be interviewing with.
- Prepare a list of job-related questions to bring to the interview.
What our recruiters suggest: What our recruiters suggest: “Come prepared to market yourself. Instead of just listing your strengths, describe what you have accomplished because of those strengths. Cite specific examples.”
- Use a neutral background that isn’t distracting.
- Find the best camera position and look into the lens, not the screen.
- Find a quiet, private, well-lit place, free from possible interruptions.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable.
- Check that your computer’s audio is working.
- Test your computer’s video and audio in advance.
- Close unnecessary web browser tabs and applications.
- Dress professionally and avoid bright colours.
Yes. Reach out to any friends or former colleagues who work at Fidelity who can provide a referral and submit your information.
Accommodations are available upon request throughout all stages of the hiring process. To request an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.